Tuesday, April 7, 2015

30K Service


Time for the periodical service.
This time I was happy to check how Top Car in Netanya works, Honda dealer that sold me my Civic.

I set an appointment one day before to 7:30 in the morning.
But here is a preface to my service :-)

About half a year ago I heard from Honda people that they stopped using original Honda oil and switched to Paz oils (Paz Lubricants and Chemicals). I guess one manager from Honda meet another manager from Paz and they decide to make money drinking coffee at one of Paz roadside retail place :-) I don't want this shit to my car I don't want an oil from their bloody barrel.

So... at 7:00 when all parts stores opens, I called to dealership to ask what oil should I bring with me.
- Me: Hi, I got service at 7:30 for Civic, what oil I need to buy?
- Honda: Hello. What do you mean?
- I don't want Paz oil, I want to bring oil with me. What oil spec is recommended?
- What?
- Yes. So, what oil API spec, SAE?
- No, we use our oil.
- Oh common, bullshit. I can use any approved commercial oil in MY car.
call transferred to warehouse man
- Hi, what oil Honda Civic needs?
- We use 5W-40.
- Cool, what API index? SL, SM, SN?
- What is this?
- (fuck) It's oil standards!
- I don't know. Call me in 1 hour...

Great!
From our last meeting at Honda I remember this: you can use any Honda oil or API SM and above.
5W-30, 5W-40 both ok.

So I bought best Honda oil I found in this time window.
Honda 5W-30, API SN. I know from tests, it performs good. 40 NIS ($10) per 1 u.s. quart.


But I came to Honda already after my time around 8:00 and I should wait until 10:00 if I want service today. We rescheduled to next morning same time.

I drove to work and meanwhile called to Honda support line to ask what the fucking oil I should buy?
- Me: Hello. I gonna to service 30K for my Civic and I want to know which oil to buy, can you help me?
- Honda: Yes, one moment please. You should by Honda oil.
- But there is no more Honda oils in Israel at all dealerships!
- No, you should use only original Honda oils.
- But i try to tell you that Honda not selling Honda oil anymore thus it's impossible to buy or order Honda's oil in dealership at service!
- That's not true. Where are you from?
- Netanya.
- Ok... Wait a second I will call to your garage Top Car...
Facepalm... She gonna talk to them just after I talked to them about oils and they have nothing but Paz oil. (By the way, if you want to know what is Paz oil - good luck, there is no official spec of "Paz Oil" on internet, probably only authorised personal that blend this olive oil know what is it ;-)
- Hey, Alexey, I just talked to Ilan and they use 5W-40.
- But I already bought Honda oil 5W-30, is it ok? Owner's manual says it's ok.
- I don't know, we use 5W-40 oils.
- Ok, I can change it back. But what oil I should by, what standard SM, SN?
- I don't know...

It's so funny. I probably one of few people that care about our cars and we have to fight with their fucking system of "do what we told you to do".

I went back and changed for Liqui Moly as it was second best choice (Valvoline SynPower was but it was on shelf for 2 years). Anyway, I was looking for chance to test this oil as I got some positive responses about it. 190 NIS ($48) for 5 liters.
It's 5W-40 and API SN.


So I bring it next day and everything was cool before...
I asked that I don't need to replace air filter, because I got them and it's 3 min to do that yourself.
And second, I showed them discount coupon I got from them to my postbox :-)

Ilan told that they do not use them, but after I showed that it from their garage - he agreed...

Final receipt is 267 NIS ($68) for:
1. oil filter
2. washer
3. labor
4. they marked here that I used my oil and no need air filter replacement.

A, and they also swapped wheels front-back.
After 30 km I got check tires alert again  :-)

29,970 km | 1Y 10 M

No comments:

Post a Comment