Monday, June 22, 2015

Blaupunkt Failed Bluetooth Module Replacement

As I said before, bluetooth module stop working on mine Blaupunkt New York 830. Firmware upgrade didn't helped.

To check what is the problem, I was need to go to Tel Aviv visit Teder, the company that in charge for Honda, Volvo, Jaguar electronic installs and maintenance/warranty in Israel. Because local dealer can only take apart multimedia system and send to them. I decided that I will go by myself, eventually I go to TLV once a month or so. And we talked with Amikam, man from Teder I've met in Honda's Netanya that came sometimes to fix owner's issues (you need to schedule with garage when he comes).

I went there too early cause I don't like traffic jams that we have towards TLV (aka center) each working day at morning. I was there around 7:30, they opened at 8:30.

We opened a case.

They tried again to fix with firmware upgrade. Exactly the same version that Amikam tried in Netanya. Surprisingly... no luck, no bluetooth working.

And they decided to get unit out and replace bluetooth module.
There is a good practice to take pictures of "working area" in Honda before they start working on it.

Unit is out.

So I waited for about 1 hour and decided to go for my other thing I planned in Tel Aviv.
Just as I left them, I got a call in 2 minutes that unit is ready and everything is working. I came back in 30 minutes and I had no time for installation back, so I told that we gonna connect wire harness and see it working and I will put it back by myself with no rush.

We checked and bluetooth indeed was working now.
This is software info as they installed.

But... as I found later, they damaged volume knob!
I hope you can see scratches. It was like new before repair. I guess it was laid on table on unit's front and moved back and forth...


WHYYYY? Not surprised anymore :-) It's how you service in Israel, Honda doesn't cares...

Later, starting using my phone again via bluetooth, I've found that it not always connected when you start vehicle. When It happens, it shows this screen while in bluetooth menu and does nothing.
XPRAM Downloading Upgrading
I'll try to contact them again or maybe another try for firmware upgrade.

32,000 | 1Y 11M

No comments:

Post a Comment