Sunday, October 20, 2013

Meeting with Honda representatives


The meeting with Honda Israel (Meir) representatives was done. People attended:
1. Me, the Cockroach Fighter
2. Ilan Cohen (אילן כהן) - Top Car Netanya's garage manager (Honda's official dealer and service)
3. Norit Mor (נורית מור) - Meir's customer's service manager
4. Lior Cohen (ליאור כהן) - Meir's Director of Technical Support
5. My friend Grigory. He came from Haifa with new Honda Civic Comfort manual transmission.

Both Norit and Lior are major figures in Meir organization chart that related to customers. This is a slide from Meir conference presentation Feb 2013 that I found in Google, download full preso here.

To make it short, here are bullets I learned from this meeting:
1. Lior said that this installation is bad and they fixed it from now on.
2. Norit said that they did their "homework" about my complain. Still no idea what this means.
3. Parking installation was made by some new technician that was new to the job.
3. Honda will not call new car's owners to fix this incomplete installation, so it's on you guys.
4. Norit and Lior are not sure that cockroaches got into the car from hole in parking sensors cap, so no compensation will be for me. They think sure that cockroaches came into the car with my cloth or open doors.
5. Norit said because it's not installation issue but I suffered from cockroaches, she can offer me first service for free at Honda garage (equals to about 500 ILS for end customer, less for company).
6. Norit said that I should try to find another parking spot.
7. Ilan thought I found only few dead cockroaches that pictured and uploaded to prev post.
8. I asked for compensation of extermination that helped me partially to stop cockroaches around my car and free 3 services for my new Honda. That is a minimum. And we were expecting that Honda will call new owners to bring them to nearest to them garage to seal the hole in plastic. When I expressed my terms, Norit said that she didn't came here for negotiation, if I don't want one free service I will get nothing.
9. Norit mentioned that it is the first case with cockroaches in Honda. For me too :-)
9. Ilan before worked with Alpha Romeos and was specialized in carburetors, that great bold plus for him as professional.

Overall satisfaction from meeting: it was very interesting and positive mostly because of Lior and Ilan. Norit was totally aggressive.

What I did not understand is why did they call meeting if that is not Honda fail as they say and all talk is about 500 ILS and only because I gone through this. If it worth working hours of 4 people? First free service you can ask when you buy a new car if you push on sale agent.

The facts I have:
- For two years on same parking from 3 my cars only Honda was approached by cockroaches.
- I washed my Skoda Fabia every week. At least for an hour back lid was open towards cockroaches place. Never saw roaches or any insects because of that.
- Mazda 3 that I took after I sold Fabia had no cockroaches for 1.5 month on same place.
- Same cockroaches are around all our 2 buildings that mean 24 cars can be approached by them. I will check with neighbours, but as far as I know, no complains were made. Cars parking around my car have no issue except of ants. That I haven't too in Fabia or Mazda.
- No garbage or sewerage located near to my car.
- Dead and life bodies of cockroaches was found mostly in trunk. Limited winners were able to get to dashboard and front seats, doors.
- There is no other way to get into the trunk beside parking sensor hole or air ventilation. Latter was inspected and I found it perfectly closed as it should be by design. Passengers doors are double sealed with rubber and back lid have one rubber around.
- Next to my car I got neighbour that works in Eldan car rental company. He changes his working car about once a month. I will check if he ever experienced this with any of his cars.
- Also I almost the one that park a car backwards, meaning front of the car toward exit, but others that park opposite need to drive first backwards in a morning to get out of parking.

I will continue to bring attention to this accident as I think that's totally Honda's fail. But in other ways.

Update (2013-10-24)
Yesterday Norit made official summary of our meeting and today at 8:57 she scanned it and sent to my email at 9:07 (hours of course not important).

I will disassemble the trunk plastic again just for picturing that plastic one more time but now with a scale to see, may be I'm wrong, may be the hole is just "few millimeters".

Update (2013-10-25)
Got today this paper "from a friend" :-)

From here we see that all multimedia, twitters and parking sensors installations were done in Bet Tet Teder Baam (ב. ט. תדר בע"מ), interesting. I should visit them... I think :-D
Address in Google Maps and Street view. They are registered company on Ministry of Transport page and the even have Google+ :-)


If Honda (Meir) central located in Rishon LeZion where all cars should be prepared... that is 12 km away from that place. So new cars should be transported by auto transport broker to there. Looks expensive.

Ok, that makes sense. On Honda's site them listed as official garage but a little different - Tet Dalet Reish - Maarechet Azaka VeShema (ת.ד.ר – מע' אזעקה ושמע).
I can't find pictures of open garage on GMaps. But Israeli sites do have them. Yes, I see Honda Accord.
Source: ZooMap
Source: http://ymap.ynet.co.il/Navigate.aspx
And that is probably not the only place for installs. If Honda sells about 550 cars per month (September 2013 data) that's roughly 18 cars per day, one garage will not handle it.

5,200 km | 0Y 4M

No comments:

Post a Comment